A BOARD installation is made up of the following components:
- BOARD Engine
- Web Api Server / IIS
- Win Client
- Office Add-In
Every component requires a set of prerequisites to be met, that are explained in the following section.
HOW TO CONFIGURE IT
For smooth installation of all software components, ensure you fulfill all required environment setup and software prerequisites before you attempt installation.
To make sure the prerequisites are automatically verified at the time of installation, run the setup.exe file (as Administrator) instead of the .msi package. The list of prerequisites is provided below (the ones affecting the BOARD Web Api Server are not automatically checked by the installer, so you need to manually install them):
- .NET Framework 4.0 is mandatory for version 7.3 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 is suggested for version 8.0.x until version 10.1.x
- Since .NET Framework is already embedded in some Microsoft OS versions, please check how to install or activate .NET Framework on your OS
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 already includes .NET Framework 4.0 nevertheless doesn't include .NET Framework 3.5 that must be activated as Windows Feature
- Windows Installer 3.1 or higher is already embedded in some Microsoft OS versions, please check how to install or activate in your OS
If you wish to deploy BOARD Web under IIS, please refer to our dedicated article How to setup Microsoft IIS with Board 10 Web Server (HTML 5).