Boardville has the option to send you email notifications for alerts, updates and summaries of activity in the community. You can receive emails any time you have a new inbox notification, or someone @mentioning you through to daily or weekly digest emails of activity around the community. It is very important you understand what Boardville can send you emails about to ensure you don't receive too many/too few emails and that you stay up-to-date with important updates and information.
You can choose to turn off all email notifications if you log into the community regularly and are happy to work with your How to: Work with your inbox
To view or change your preferences:
- Click on the drop down next to your name or avatar.
- Select Preferences from the Personal menu.
- Decide which streams you wish to get email notifications about when new activity happens in them. By default all Inbox stream options should be turned on. As you create custom streams they will be added to this list.
- Turn on or off the getting started functionality. If you have already completed it then you can turn it off.
- Choose how you want responses and comments to appear.
- Options in the Locale and Time Zone drop down menus are likely preset for your community. Choose a different option from the drop-down menus to change those preferences. By default your computer will determine your language and will display as a series of dashes.
- If you assign tags to your content frequently, click the Quick Tagging Mode check box to keep the Add/Update Tags field open by default.
- Click the Save button .