This is an example of Retail Fashion Initial Allocation (right stock, right place, right time!)
The Merchandisers have placed orders for products for next season (SS2018). They have quantities by size range, which is drill-able to size. There are two size ranges.
The Merchandisers have agreed the total quantity of each product to send as the initial stock per store but this is not broken down by size.
The purpose of the model is to allocate the quantity per store across sizes based on each stores performance for similar products in the current season (SS2017). Each product is assigned to a Product Group.
Current (last) season performance:
- The orders for next season may not include all the sizes previously sold in some stores.
- The model must allocate the agreed quantity to each store.
- The model cannot allocate more that the ordered quantity of a size.
- The following formula is used to calculate a Flag (block d below):
If the PO quantities for next season is greater than zero and initial store quantities does not equal zero, then 1, otherwise 0.
- A holding cube (Product, Size, Store, Season) is populated by multiplying the Flag (d) by Size Quantities by Store (for last season – using refer)
- A holding cube by Product, Store, Season is populated from the result of the above step (giving totals by Size).
- The initial allocation is then calculated as follows:
- The initial quantities (total 354) are now allocated by Store, Product and Size and the total comes back to 354:
Capsule and Database attached. BOARD 10.1.3 used for build.