Since Board 10.3 screens can be exported to PDF or other formats, as explained in the release notes.
According to the configuration of the server, some manual actions might be necessary to make it running on a server. All the required steps are listed in the following section.
HOW TO CONFIGURE IT
The Create Report functionality relies on the so-called Snapshotter. This tool requires a set of prerequisites to be met:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or later: Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Web Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, W…
- Visual C++ Redistributable 2013: Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Since Board 10.5, the tool automatically identifies the hostname or address sending the request for export: no further settings need to be modified.
In older versions, an additional customization is required:
- Open the snapshotter.config and make sure the value of the key ApplicationUrl matches the value of the key host in the appSettings.config or the name of the binding of the IIS site, including the protocol used (HTTP or HTTPS) and the port
- Restart the Board Web Api Engine or the IIS site
To run the Snapshotter under IIS, make sure of the following two settings: