The Chat has been introduced to let users communicate between each other and share presentations through BOARD. Reference about this functionality can be found on the BOARD Manual: Chat.
The tables containing all Chat information are the following:
- ChatDefinitions: it contains the ID of the chat or group and last update time
- MessageDefinitions: it contains the content of a chat including message and sender, with the ID of a presentation if shared
- UserParticipateOnChats: It contains the information of the last UTC date and chat ID in which a user took part
Users Metadata have been introduced to enrich a user profile with additional information. It comes with a default set of parameters that a user can enter, but it is open to customization as explained on the BOARD Manual: Users Metadata.
The tables containing Users Metadata are the following:
- UserDefinitions: it contains the username and the values filled by the user for the default metadata information
- UserMetadataDefinitions: it contains the definition of any new metadata introduced with a customization
- UserMetadataTranslationDefinitions: it contains the translation of the metadata if any have been introduced
Broadcasting &Send To
With BOARD 10.5 the Broadcasting functionality has been introduced on the Web to let users send emails through BOARD with presentations as attachments. Details about it can be found on the BOARD Manual: Board 10.5 Broadcasting.
The information about the Broadcasting are saved within the following tables:
- ScheduledReportingActions: details of any Broadcasting / Send To configuration with Task ID, Task Name, Message Body, Presentation ID, Last Execution Date, etc.
- BoardRecipients: list of every Board recipient of a Task ID
NOTE: all dates are saved in UTC format to be consistent. They can be converted to a common date format here: https://www.timestampconvert.com/
<add name="BOARDWebDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=myServer;Initial Catalog=myDatabase;Integrated Security=False;User ID=mySQLuser;Password=mySQLPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
|Data Source||Address of the server with the database|
|User ID||SQL user with administration rights to create databases|
|Password||Password of the SQL user|
|Initial Catalog||Name of database: do not create it yourself. Let BOARD create it for you.|