- What is your idea?
It should be possible to assign a “standard” color to each entity member at a “capsule” or “environment” level. This coloring schema should be retained across all the different charts those items are displayed in. Therefore, similarly for what happens in Corporate Designer, when a certain item is added to the chart, it is assigned that specific color: upon changes in the layout, these colors should be retained and not reset.
- What specific problem are you trying to find a solution to, or what new scenario would this idea respond to?
- Improve charts immediate understanding, consistency, readability of charts. E.g. if “budget” is colored always in the same way across all capsules, users will immediately recognize it.
- Standardize color coding across the company and create a standard
- Simplify design and configuration time for maintenance and deployment of new capsules/screens
- What workaround have you found and used so far (if any)?
We manually update all colors in all charts across the multiple screens/capsules. It is a highly consuming exercise validating those capsules which are not created “centrally” and those which are modified and maintained by end user
Hope this is useful also for other Citizens!!