Save / Restore Screen selection

Idea created by joanponsa Employee on Jan 15, 2019
    Open for voting
    Score21

Summary:

An easy way to store my current screen selection and restore it at any time in any screen.

As is:

Currently, we can get this functionality by storing the screen selection in cubes by user and dimension I want to store. For complex apps, It means that I need to create a large list of cubes to save each dimension and a long procedure to save and store. This is impacting user experience as apply selection based on cube takes long.

See: https://community.board.com/message/4603-re-how-to-save-the-current-selection-to-filedbcube?commentID=4603#comment-4603

To be:

a) button to Save or Restore screen selection in a single click. Save the entire screen selection for all dimensions in db. (see attached screenshot)

b) procedure step that allows me to store the entire screen selection in a single BOARD object/cube by user. So I can easily embed the functionality in a capsule procedure.

Note:

Somehow BOARD is currently doing it when using the “share screen” functionality of the Web chat. It not only shares the screen but also the screen selection.