Inspirations

Announcement 1 New release available - BOARD 10.3.0.50924
breuber
About the Solution/Project:  About the solution This is not a real solution, more a hint/best practice for handling Databases with large Day based Cubes   Solution/Project info Info: Most times Users/Partners/Consultants don't think about possible optmization for DataBases with Day based cubes, so I just wanted to show the Impact of the "Page…
in Inspirations
raym
Add data bars to your dataviews. And then colour them, with conditional formatting. While this might get colourful, sometimes, in terms of storytelling, more contrast is more helpful:   About the Solution/Project:  About the solution I wanted to recreate a solution where part of the information in the dataview is displayed as a chart. I've…
in Inspirations
mik1893
About the Solution:   This simple example gives an idea on how to use Visibility feature of objects to display a set of help textboxes around your BOARD application.   Solution info Info: The solution makes use of: a "tech" entity, called Help Switch, with 2 members: On and Off a cube called HELP FLAG ON dimensioned by the Help Switch entity. a…
in Inspirations
msisternas
Just thought i would show you a small example i did of an interactive balanced scorecard, where we can add new objectives, attach them to measures or actions for those particular objectives and choose interactively which KPIs we want to measure them with. By giving a target we can follow our progress and see how we are doing and even check on the…
in Inspirations
fcsanady@board.com
Hi,   often we get the question, how is it possible to select eg the last 10 days. You can reach that with a temp cube and a procedure.   First of all you need a cube that has the dimension day + one other entity, could be a dummy with just one element, in that example the cube is called "Last 10 Days".   With that simple procedure you write…
in Inspirations
alexanderkappes
  Hi, I think each BOARD Developer working with Multi Database Screens once had the idea just having one Pager e.g. for the Time entities. This because most users aren´t interested choosing the same time slice in two databases. The little sample shows how it can work for the Month. In general we have 2 Opportunities for solving the reuqest 1.…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
About the Solution/ProjectAs part of my learning, I wanted to explore more geodata analysis. Last year, I used the Canadian census data (Exploring Geographic Data with the GeoMap Chart ) to put together a tool to browse the dataset they have available. This year, I wanted to try doing something similar with the 2010 USA census data. The USA…
in Inspirations
raym
Prologue: since my question here How to create a report with several cubes grouped in lines? many changes were made. I had a report where I needed to display multiple different cubes grouped in rows instead of having them side by side in columns. Helmut Heimann pointed me Gabriele Gallo's How To: Choose whether to define an information as an…
in Inspirations
rbrooke
There has been some discussion in the forums about creating reports where Top X values are displayed with all other remaining values displayed as a single 'Others' value. (Grouping specific entity members).     An idea has also been submitted to request this feature. The purpose of this document and sample is to demonstrate that this is…
in Inspirations
rbrooke
Following a recent thread in the forums regarding loading JSON files I have created a small project to demonstrate how this can be achieved with a simple JSON file. The techniques used can be adapted to other circumstances where loading files with an 'ambiguous' structure is required. The project files are embedded in the attached PDF file.
in Inspirations
alexanderkappes
Hi, in some customer cases it is possible, that normal endusers should been able to insert source files for Ascii Readers. Well in most situations it is not possible for them to insert the file directly into the server, this because of missing permissions. The attached Inspiration shows how to solve this request using Blob Cube. To get the…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
When building a financial planning model, it's often important to have budget, actual and forecast versions. Budget is the annual plan, which may be multi-year. Actuals are the history of actual transactions, often loaded from an ERP database periodically. Forecast is a blend of the two. During a given year, a forecast version shows actuals for…
in Inspirations
phil
  XYZ Inventory Management in BOARD I want to use BOARD to classify my Products based on the variability of their demand, i.e. X Products = Stable demand, Y Products = Variable demand, Z Products = Random demand.  After calculating the groupings I might use the information to optimise where and how I hold the inventory in my distribution…
in Inspirations
Load more items