Inspirations

raym
Add data bars to your dataviews. And then colour them, with conditional formatting. While this might get colourful, sometimes, in terms of storytelling, more contrast is more helpful:   About the Solution/Project:  About the solution I wanted to recreate a solution where part of the information in the dataview is displayed as a chart. I've…
in Inspirations
rbrooke
Following a recent thread in the forums regarding loading JSON files I have created a small project to demonstrate how this can be achieved with a simple JSON file. The techniques used can be adapted to other circumstances where loading files with an 'ambiguous' structure is required. The project files are embedded in the attached PDF file.
in Inspirations
alexanderkappes
Hi, in some customer cases it is possible, that normal endusers should been able to insert source files for Ascii Readers. Well in most situations it is not possible for them to insert the file directly into the server, this because of missing permissions. The attached Inspiration shows how to solve this request using Blob Cube. To get the…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
When building a financial planning model, it's often important to have budget, actual and forecast versions. Budget is the annual plan, which may be multi-year. Actuals are the history of actual transactions, often loaded from an ERP database periodically. Forecast is a blend of the two. During a given year, a forecast version shows actuals for…
in Inspirations
phil
  XYZ Inventory Management in BOARD I want to use BOARD to classify my Products based on the variability of their demand, i.e. X Products = Stable demand, Y Products = Variable demand, Z Products = Random demand.  After calculating the groupings I might use the information to optimise where and how I hold the inventory in my distribution…
in Inspirations
msisternas
Just thought i would show you a small example i did of an interactive balanced scorecard, where we can add new objectives, attach them to measures or actions for those particular objectives and choose interactively which KPIs we want to measure them with. By giving a target we can follow our progress and see how we are doing and even check on the…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
About the Solution/Project:  About the solution As an experiment, I wanted to explore how BOARD connects to web services. My challenge here was to design a simple solution where I could get the 10 day forecast for two cities. It was easier than I thought. Once I articulated by query for the Yahoo data, the rest was just connecting the dots. I also…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
About the Solution With the World Cup going on right now, I took the opportunity to build a tournament model, following the World Cup 2018 brackets. The structure can be reused for any tournament. This showcases some of these features Folder container - For the knockout stage, I put each of the stage brackets in a tab of a folder container. With…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
About the Solution/ProjectAs part of my learning, I wanted to explore more geodata analysis. Last year, I used the Canadian census data (Exploring Geographic Data with the GeoMap Chart ) to put together a tool to browse the dataset they have available. This year, I wanted to try doing something similar with the 2010 USA census data. The USA…
in Inspirations
breuber
About the solution If you are using "Desaturate Alerts" in a DV or a Treemap in Combination with an Alert function you can easily see, that the the color is more desaturated, when the Value is getting smaller. In some cases you might want to invert this for negative numbers (so the most desaturated negative values are those near by zero).    …
in Inspirations
mik1893
About the Solution:   This simple example gives an idea on how to use Visibility feature of objects to display a set of help textboxes around your BOARD application.   Solution info Info: The solution makes use of: a "tech" entity, called Help Switch, with 2 members: On and Off a cube called HELP FLAG ON dimensioned by the Help Switch entity. a…
in Inspirations
raym
Board's bar charts are limited to displaying one stack per axis or so it seems at a first glance. Using Nexel formulas I'm going to display (up to 4) separate stacks using the same axis including an offset of the values from a previous period. One of the outcomes looks like this:   About the Solution/Project:  About the solution The problem I…
in Inspirations
Bob Gill
About the solution    As an experiment, I wanted to find a good source for historical annual GDP data and see how easy it is to pull it into BOARD. I found the World Bank GDP dataset available on github as a CSV file. The source links are all at the bottom. I found it relatively easy to pull in the dataset, and also setup the relationships for…
in Inspirations
Load more items