I am confused with the several options I have heard and read about which allow to consume BOARD applications on a mobile device. I mean no only tablet, but also smartphone.
Can the community confirm or unconfirm which options are currently (BOARD 10.1.4) available, deprecated, to avoid, to recommend ? If these options will be all deprecated in near future, could you give a few details of the roadmap replacing them ?
- Use "mobile" capsules. Advantage is, the resolution can be set to stick to tablets' resolution. On another hand I see these drawbacks:
- a few toolbox objects (heatmap, treemap, Geomap, pager, trellis, dynawrite, viewer) and containers are not available at all.
- the chart object is not up-to-date compared to the chart object of the standard capsule.
- when I consume a screen from a smartphone and from a PC browser, I cannot see any difference or added value in the visualisation results using a "mobile" capsule compared to a standard capsule which has the screens with Lock size option active .
- Board mobile apps. I haven't found any app in the App store. What is the official name to look for ? Or is this deprecated today ?
- Use standard capsules and set all its screens with Lock size option active. This would be me preferred approach today.
- What does the software contained in B10.1.4_Mobile_Server.zip do ? Why is it intended for ?
- to be continued