can anyone tell me how to upload an excel file into board database. thanks in advance.
Dear Niharika Kakarla,
doing this you have 2 opportunitites
1. You generate (export) CSV Files out of your Excel Files
2. You use EXCEL ODBC Connection
Hope it helps
Ciao Alexander Kappes,
please may you explain how to use ODBC connection in excel in order to upload data in Board DB?
Dear PIETRO DI CINO,
it´s exactly the same as using ODBC for MS SQL or each other database system.
For excel you have to do the following special configurations
1. you have to define "Names" for your EXCEL Sheets, this will be later the table names in the odbc
2. the excel has to be placed on the server. (By the way it isn´t working when the file is opened by anybody in EXCEL Client during the load with board)
3. you have to install the odbc driver on the machine where the board engine is running. The ODBC itself can be downloaded from MS for free: Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center )
Great!!!! Thanks a lot!
Hi Alexander Kappes,
that you know , are there limits of columns for excel files? I have created many odbc excel all working, except one I'm trying to create now so I always get the message 'DB EMPTY OR UNAVAIABLE'. I don't understand the motivation, so i think maybe is for the big number of columns.
do you have defined names for your sheets?
You can do this in Formulars -> Name Manager function in Excel.
The names are your table names later on in the odbc.
I think this is your problem.
Thank You Alexander Kappes,
now the connection is ok
Thanks Alexander Kappes.it is helpful. can you please refer any doc for "how to create excel ODBC connection" .
dear Niharika Kakarla,
sorry we don´t have such documents. I think Google will be helpfuly for you.
In general it´s nothing special to using ODBC for any other Database Provider.
On http://help.board.com you can find documentation how to use DataReader (Chapter 6), perhaps this may also help you
thanks and regards
Retrieving data ...