Excel Add in - Setselectionwithrefersh

Options
Guodong WANG
Guodong WANG Customer
First Comment First Anniversary
edited April 2022 in Platform
Hi 

i have tried "setselectionwithrefresh", and successfully created multiple layouts with auto refresh in one worksheet. 
however, it seems ""setselectionwithrefresh" apply the selection to all worksheets, how to make the setselectionwithrefresh only working for one worksheet and only, as i need to create different "Setselectionwithrefresh" for each worksheets. 

i think this  is very useful to users if possible. 

------------------------------
Guodong WANG
Senior Regional Financial Planning Analyst
VENTURE CORPORATION LIMITED
Singapore

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @Guodong WANG,

according to the manual, SetSelectionWithRefresh() should apply the given selection just to the current worksheet--you might want to raise a ticket with our support if you're experiencing a different behavior.
    In what manner do you start the functionality of SetSelectionWithRefresh()? A global macro connected to all worksheets?

Kind regards
    Helmut

Helmut Heimann
    Senior Consultant
    Board Community
    Germany
    -------------------------------------------
  • Guodong WANG
    Guodong WANG Customer
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. 
    it was not my intention to connect the setselectionwithrefresh to all worksheets. I would like to apply the selection to the current worksheet only. 
    however after i create multiple layouts in different worksheet, with different setselectionwithrefresh created in all worksheets, only one selection is applied after i refresh the worksheets individually. 

refer to sample attached, "EPM Current" is auto replaced by selection in "EPM Prior".  

Guodong WANG
    Senior Regional Financial Planning Analyst
    VENTURE CORPORATION LIMITED
    Singapore
  • Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @Guodong WANG,

I'd propose that you opened a ticket with our support (https://support.board.com/).
    From my point of view, this is not the behavior to be expected according to the documentation in our manual.

Kind regards
    Helmut

Helmut Heimann
    Senior Consultant
    Board Community
    Germany