Power BI Connector for Board | Login issue

Options
Navan Mehra
Navan Mehra Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes First Anniversary
edited September 2022 in Platform
Hi All,
I want to ask if has anyone been successful to set up connectivity between Power BI and Board?

I followed the steps as per the documentation. It states that we do not need any redirect URL when working with Power BI, but it doesn't show any login screen.
It prompts me with the below error. I have tried clearing out the browser cache but nothing changed.

------------------------------
Navan Mehra
Sr Con
Board Community
Australia

Answers

• Claudio Imonti
    Claudio Imonti Employee
    First Anniversary First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Answer
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello, 

as explained in documentation, you need to update PowerBI desktop version.
    • The Power BI add-in only supports Power BI Desktop version May 2022 and newer. 
    Also, is important that Board (and also Sub. Hub) does not support Internet Explorer, so connector popups a login page where supported browser are Edge, Chrome

Claudio Imonti
    Software Testing Lead
    Board Community
    Switzerland
    -------------------------------------------
  • Navan Mehra
    Navan Mehra Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks Claudio. I made sure I am on the latest versions of Power BI and Board. I am testing out all using Chrome. I have tried clearing out the browser cache

Power BI

Board

Chrome

Navan Mehra
    Sr Con
    Board Community
    Australia
  • Claudio Imonti
    Claudio Imonti Employee
    First Anniversary First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Answer
    edited September 2022
    Options
    IF instance you are using is joined to sub. hub, this must be updated to Summer22.
    From my side seems your Sub. hub still running in Spirng22, if my assumption is correct, that is the reason why is not working.

Update your Sub. hub to latest Summer22, please.

Claudio Imonti
    Software Testing Lead
    Board Community
    Switzerland