Blur Other Objects

Options
Unknown
Unknown Active Partner
edited May 2018 in Idea Exchange

After reviewing some of the e-learning materials, I noticed how the videos blur the background while text is the focus of the video. From a visual perspective, it draws the eye exactly to the text, removing distractions from view. We already have a property to hide objects, but I would like to be able to focus attention on specific areas of the screen. If I have a form for someone to fillout and present them with the blank form, they may be confused about where to start. If I were to present the same form, but blur all objects, save one. The user's attention is instantly focused on the one area of the screen expecting them to perform an action next.

Use Case 1 - Blur background objects

• User opens a screen to fill out a form with 4 or more objects
  • All objects, save one, are blurred
  • The one object in focus requires data entry or selection of items to drive a workflow
  • Once the user completes the first section, the second section comes into focus, and the first is now blurred
  • The user continues through the form completing each section in a sequential pattern, with visual cues inticated through blurring of objects the user should ignore
  • Upon completion of all sections, the full form comes into focus for a final review before submission

Use Case 2 - Blur non-focus rows

• A user is filling out a simple dataview form with only one dataview
  • Upon entering some data, an alert condition is triggered
  • The alert requires narrative explanation for a variance outside boundary conditions
  • By triggering the alert, other rows of the dataview are blurred until the user enters a narrative explanation for the variance.
  • Since all other rows in the dataview are blurred, it's easy for the user to see exactly which row needs to be addressed

Benefits

• Using these visual cues, the user's focus is directed to the appropriate section for them to work on next
  • Similar to a wizard step-by-step process, a user is lead through a sequence to complete a business process
  • Since all items are on screen, the user has context of how many steps are involved in the process from start to finish
Tagged:
3 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated