Unable to re-start the board service

Options
Anis Abed
Anis Abed Active Partner
Name Dropper Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2023 in Platform

Hello,

I have an on premise installation and I am unable to re-start the board service via the board server configuration tool, the service was running normally in the past days, but yesterday I had to stop the service during the execution of a loading procedure, but when I tried re-starting via the board server config tool it won't start.

I also tried starting the board engine via the windows services but I get the following error :

Also after checking the event log :
"Cannot start Board server. Original cause : This license does not allow board to run in 64-bit mode"

Does anyone know the solution to this problem please?

Best regards,

Anis

Accepted Answer

• Tommaso Riva
    Tommaso Riva Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anis,

it is more likely that your licence has expired. This only applies to partners and internal (employee) licences.
    To renew it, you must proceed as follows:

1)Look for the master licence (full key file with a size of 1.56 KB, usually located under the path C:\Program Files\Board Server);

2)From the browser, type dev.board.com in the URL;

3)Upload the licence file and send it to receive the new certified KEY file by e-mail (the e-mail used is the one sent during the generation of the Board KEY file).

4)Substitute the old license with the new one just certified;

5)Start the Board service;

This should make it work again.

Regards,

T.

Answers

• Gary Beardsley
    Options

Hi Anis, I have not encountered this issue in the past. My recomendation would be to try uninstalling and reinstalling Board via the wizard. When doing this, be sure to save down your datamodels and capsules and store them locally.

• Dominique Duchenne
    Options

Hi Anis,

Please check the server_config_v2 file in C:\Program Files\Board\Board Server to make sure your settings are correct.