Is there a way to have rows with no data not displayed in a drill down screen?

Christian Vazquez
edited April 2023 in Platform

When drilling down through data on a report, I would like to be able to make it more concise by not having rows with no data be hidden. The below highlighted rows are examples of what I'd like to not be shown.

Answers

• Hello Christian Vazquez,

you check that the report has not a setting to display all rows.
    In case, you should be added a layout filter to this cube.

Regards,
    Daniele

• Hi @Christian Vazquez,

you can disable the "Show all" option from your layout's Axis properties.

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin

@Christian Vazquez Thanks for posting your question here in Community! To let you know, I am moving this discussion to the 'Platform' forum to better align with topics found there.

• Christian Vazquez
    edited April 2023

There are other datablocks that we hid that have value, so removing the show all option does not work. We want to filter the drill-through based on a specific block so we want to create a filter block. We want the drill-through to hide rows where the Fiscal YTD is zero, and we want the main dataview to filter where WS P&L Filter is zero. Is it possible to have a different layout for the drill-through and main dataview? We tried to change the drill-through layout but the configuration does not get saved.

• There are other datablocks that we hid that have value, so removing the show all option does not work. We want to filter the drill-through based on a specific block so we want to create a filter block. We want the drill-through to hide rows where the Fiscal YTD is zero, and we want the main dataview to filter where WS P&L Filter is zero. Is it possible to have a different layout for the drill-through and main dataview? We tried to change the drill-through layout but the configuration does not get saved.

• Hello Christian Vazquez,

you can create a different layout between the main report and the drill down.
    You can edit the layout drill down in design mode and then click to save screen.

Regards,
    Daniele