Production / Exporting of Financial Reports

Options
Kathy Long
Kathy Long Customer
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2023 in Platform

We are in the process of implementing Board and are running into roadblocks on the financial reporting side. We are trying to shift all of our Accounting Financial Reporting into Board and want several basic items in Board. Has anyone been successful in this?

(1) Basic Report Headers exported with the report vs. the "selection data" on the exported sheet.

(2) Headers for selected time periods that actually say what was selected vs. "selected month" or "selected year"

(3) Ability to export multiple tabs of a report for multiple profit centers in the PC hierarchy into a PDF with pages

It seems like we're losing some basic reporting functionality, but I can't imagine that some of these items aren't basics in the reporting function. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Answers

• Philipp Schumacher
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello Kathy,

for question number 3, you can place a pager object set to profit center on the screen, this allows you to select the "repeat by" option in the print settings. For this, in play mode got to

Select pdf, create a new print area by dragging the box over the desired screen objects (Note: the box you draw with your mouse needs to encompass the desired screen object completely. It's not enough to simply cross the object. This can be a bit tricky at the beginning)

Once you are done, you can then select the print area on the left, and on the right side select the entity from the pager in the "repeat by" menu.

When exporting a pdf, Board will then iterate over the elements of the entity and create a page of the selected area for each of them.

For your first and second question, instead of using the select option in the print settings, you can place Labels on your report and make use of substitution formulas. In my case, I could write @Organisation and @Month into the label to display the relevant selections.

https://www.boardmanual.com/2021/summer/capsules/screens/Substitution_formulas.htm?rhsearch=substitution%20formula&rhhlterm=substitution%20formulas%20formula

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

Philipp