How to rename the detail by Column Headers?

Options
Marius Lubbe
Marius Lubbe Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment First Anniversary

Hi,

As seen in the image below we have a data view with a column that is detailed by year.

What is happening is that because we are using detail by Year in the second column, "Prior Year Of 2023", The problem is that, that column is looking at 2022 data. So we need to remove the 2023 out of that column.

How can we do this?

Answers

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hi @Marius Lubbe,

by definition the time function Previous Year should not be detailed by Year cause you are expecting just one previous year.

• Marius Lubbe
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @Leone I had to detail the previous year column by year to get the last value out of that year.

I tried the Last value options in the Time functions section of the dataview settings, but this did not work. I could only get the value by detailing the column by year.

• Gary Beardsley
    Options

Hi Marius, why don't you create a new cube structured by Fiscal Year, and in a dataflow populate it with period offset -1 & using function for Last Value of this cube you are using. Then just use this newly created cube in the dataview.

• Marius Lubbe
    Options

Thanks I will try this.

• Marius Lubbe
    Options

Hi everyone,

I had a chat with my senior and we need to try and achieve this by not having to run a procedure to save prior fiscal year values.

Is there a way to show the same cube but specify the last value of the previous fiscal year no matter what month gets selected for the current month?