Level 200 Module 204 Lesson 7of9, Can't Load Italy Data

Options
Nathan Doak
Nathan Doak Active Partner
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment

Hi

I have checked and double checked everything suggested to load the Italy data. Valid records come in at 6534 with 1 discarded record. I cant access the log file directly on C:\Board\Dataset\Hierarchies and Data, but if I play around with the prevue on the source file screen I can see the log file contains [Rec.0] Error : RBT0071 Out of Memory. I have no idea what that might mean.

Hoping there is a simple solution…

Answers

• Willians Santana
    Options

Hi Nathan,

How are you doing? I hope you are having a day!
    Are you running your Level 200 Board Data Model on an on-premise or Cloud Instance?

Please check if the machine you are running, the Level 200 data model, has enough memory, CPU, and storage resources via the Cloud Admin Portal (Cloud Board instances) or the Windows operating system monitoring tool (On-premise instances).

Please, let me know the results of that.
    I am all ears for you.

Best Regards,
    Willians

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Nathan,

there are several reasons why you can get this error.

Mainly it is due to structures that are too big to be loaded at once.

If you have a lot of cubes loaded together, break them up.

Make sure that the trees and sparse loaded by that data reader are not corrupted.

• Nathan Doak
    Options

Hi Willians

The Academy is running on a cloud instance. I am using the version where I have 20 days to do the course. So all the machine specs etc are what comes with the Academy. The web location looks like this "//trainingacademy.board.com/nathgukqbweb" and I don't believe I would have access to the Cloud admin portal of that server.

That all said, I ran the import again this morning (no changes from my side) and it ran OK. I suspect some memory needed to clear within the Academy server over night?? Who knows - one of those things I guess.

Thanks so much for your help

• Nathan Doak
    Options

Hi Tommaso

Thanks for that, I will take note

Cheers

• Willians Santana
    Options

You are very welcome @Nathan Doak! Thank you for your feedback, input, and kind words! I do appreciate that.

I am also tagging @Mindy Waltz, Director of the Board Academy Team, so that she can see these case details.

Thank you, all!

Best Regards,

Willians

• Nathan Doak
    Options

Hi @Willians Santana and @Mindy Waltz

I have progressed this morning with the Academy onto the next section 205 - Sales Planning Procedures lesson 3 of 6, and I have run into the same problem.

I have built the label data procedure and run it according to instruction. The data didn't load and the screen was hung up at the processing stage.

I had to kill the session and log back in. I then found the log files with the same error as yesterday.

This looks like a server memory issue or similar on the Academy server (I am guessing).

Looking for solutions -

*Can we increase the memory in the Academy server?

*Can we load the academy onto the Oliver Wight server?

I am under some time pressure to get up to speed with Board and doing 1 upload a day will cause a problem.

Cheers

• Willians Santana
    Options

HI, @Nathan Doak ,

Thank you for your message and feedback! I do appreciate that.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please, let me talk to the Academy about that.

I will respond to you as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Willians

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Nathan,

by accessing the diagnostic file on your cloud instance we have found the following error (despite the wrong naming "Out of Memory") :

2023-07-26 01:38:08.155 +00:00  WARN    nathan.doak@oliverwight.com     d6a9c41b-cf20-4b34-be06-1ea65bd5d00d    ACT - Sales Data Load   76075fd3-5022-4b72-8290-69759a36a79c    4. ASCII Data Read      Level 2 Demo    Level 2 Demo.bcps       Sales Data Upload           {"Record":0, "Row":"       ", "Error":"Error : RBT0071 Out of Memory"}          Invalid row.

This means that the problem is related to the file format, check especially that all rows have the same number of columns.

Re-check that the file 'Sales Data Loading' is correct and make changes if necessary.

If the problem persists, please contact academy@board.com for further questions on this topic.

Thank you

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Nathan,

among the various checks you are making, can you please confirm that the flag "First row contains headers" into the data reader is enabled?

• Nathan Doak
    Options

Hi

As per yesterday, I left it and came back today to see if the same thing happened.

The data loaded perfectly this morning - I have not changed any of the setup. I simply entered BOARD, hit my selector and it worked as designed.

I really don't think this is a problem on my side,

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Nathan,

what you're saying it's pretty odd to me.

Could you please share a snapshot of the data reader configuration populating the Italy Data information?

I tested the data reader on my side and it works fine.

Thank you

• Nathan Doak
    Options

Hi Tommaso,

It is very odd. Just a reminder - the problem didn't end up being limited to the Italy data. As I proceeded through the Academy instructions it was any upload that I was doing after the first few. This would of been happening at roughly the same time of day for both occasions I had the problem. I am now wondering that because of the time difference between Australia and Europe that jobs on the server were timed for "am Europe time" and my uploads were just timing out because of the load??

• Jeremy Hall
    Options

I had similar problems during my training throughout different lessons. I would spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I did wrong, and often the solve was closing out of everything and logging back in — then things would run correctly. I wonder if there's some sort of server resource issue at play…

• Nathan Doak
    Options

@Jeremy Hall , thanks for this. I have spent considerable time going over steps to find everything OK once I log on the next day. Progress has been very slow. At least I know its not just me…

• Vikash Gupta
    Options

@Nathan Doak - I just saw your Data Reader configuration screen shot, just a suggestion while configuring the Data Readers, it is a best practice to avoid having *.* in the Pattern field. You could instead have the prefix of the file name followed by the file extension. So for example if you are loading Sales Data files, then pattern for this Data Reader could be set as: * Sales_Data*.csv - by having the pattern set like this we ensure that this data reader will look for files that has got "Sales_Data" in its name but also ensure that it will always only read the CSV files and not the log files also.

This is not necessarily a solution to the Out of Memory issue that you are facing, but to ensure that your Data Reader is only reading the files that it is meant to read.

Regards,

• Nathan Doak
    Options

@Vikash Gupta , thanks for the tip

Cheers

• Michael Mühlena
    Options

Hey Academy Team,

I did face the same issue with the data for Italy. However only data for Italy, UK is working.

After using the tip to logoff / login the data were loaded.

The log is also saying " <StateDesc>DataReader Out of Memory</StateDesc>".

As the course is running on any cloud instance at Board, it would be great if this issue gets resolved.

Thanks,

Michael

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

I am having similiar problems like Jeremy said…things dont work and you log back in next day and they do. Does make progress very slow in trying to complete the course.

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

I was just trying to check my Italy data and the got a message "Resource ping not answered" and my pointer is spinning on the screen. Definitely seems like some resource issue on the Training server. I logged off. Will check back in 30 mins. to see if it works then.

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

Just tried again to select Country and Italy is not there...prob because the data was not loaded properly…but now the filter works…one click and the screen refreshes…

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

I deleted the H-Location data reader and re-built it. Then re-ran all 3 data-readers then the Sales upload… still got 2 discarded on the Location data reader and 1 on the Sales upload as below:

Not sure what else to do?

Any help appreciated?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Andrewi
    Andrewi Customer
    First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone,

Still don't know how to locate the log files…but…I cleared the 4 Location entities and re-ran the data loader for Location and the data was read without any rejections. I then re-ran the Sales upload and that also loaded with no rejections…now I have no errors on relationships and Italy is showing up as a Country.

Hope this helps someone as the Academy personnel have not been responding to these issues as expected.

Andrew