Level 200 Module 204 Data Reader

Options
Sarah
Sarah Active Partner
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment

Hi,

how do I get the source files that I have to load in Step 8 in the Data Reader
? Can I download it anywhere?

Answers

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Sarah,

Are you completing the course in the virtual environment? If so, using the path C:\Board\Dataset\Hierarchies and Data already has the files pre-loaded into the folder, and there is no need to download them anywhere.

• Sarah
    Sarah Active Partner
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment
    Options

Hi Crystal,

thank you so much, now it worked.

• Shivanand Dookhoo
    Options

Hi Crystal,

Is it possible to download all 8 .csv files please? For some unknown reason, the data readers in my Board Training Environment aren't working anymore. I ran into an error when using the "Level 2 Demo" DB, so I recreate a new DB called "New" and started to use that instead. However, I'm really confused as to why the data readers in the Training Env refuse to load any data to entities or cubes.

I have a local instance of Board on my machine and I would prefer to complete the Level 200 training on my machine please. Can you help me out?

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Shivanand,

I am trying to find out from the Academy team if those files are available to distribute for participants that cannot complete it on the virtual machine. Is there something wrong with the virtual machine that interferes with you being able to use it, or is it just a matter of preference for you?

• Shivanand Dookhoo
    Options

Hi Crystal,

So the issue I had encountered was, I created a backup procedure to store backups of the DB as I progressed through the training. However, when I tried to restore the DB, the "Level 2 Demo" DB was no longer accessible. I created a new DB called "New" and tried to continue with the training but for some reason, the data readers to load the entities weren't working. Therefore, I was hoping that I could've completed the Level 200 training on my personal machine if those files were accessible to me.

• Dear Sarah, I do not find any CSV-files on my C-Drive. Where can I download the mentioned files for the data readers ? KR, Roland

• Found it, please forget my question :-) KR, Roland