GCR Board Demo in the course 'Board Group Consolidation and Reporting' not working?

Options
DanielEben
DanielEben Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment

The GCR database does not work with the ADMIN profile and therefore cannot be opened. Is there a solution?

Accepted Answer

• Bart Scott
    Bart Scott Active Partner
    5 Likes Photogenic Community Captain First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to upgrade to 12.6. That is why the database is not working correctly.

Answers

• Bart Scott
    Options

I had no issues opening the GCR data model after I set Admin profile for my user. Are you on version 12.6? Did you restart your Board service after you copied the folders under database directory? Are you just trying to go into the Data Model area, or are you opening the capsules and the screens are not working correctly?

Bart Scott

CFO Solutions LLC

• DanielEben
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Options

In my case, I can't open the GCR_1_0_0@@GCR.hbmp database even though I've set my Admin profile to my user. The other databases can be opened without any problems. I'm currently using version 12.5 and I don't know if that's what's causing the problem. I've restarted the Board service after copying the folders into the database directory. I try to go to the GCR_1_0_0@@GCR.hbmp data model area and I get an error

• Bart Scott
    Options

Also, just be aware the capsules actually look for GCR not GCR_1_0_0@@GCR. So you need to either rename the data model (once you are on 12.6) or copy the folder to a GCR Data Model folder (and the GCR LOG and BFC MIGRATION same thing). Otherwise your capsules will not be pointing correctly (and you do not want to change the data model within the capsule, because it will reset Bulk Loaders and a few other things).

Bart Scott

CFO Solutions LLC

• DanielEben
    Options

yes thank you I did what you said and everything worked fine