Missing child in Relationships

Kranthi
Kranthi Active Partner
Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dashboard on ESG Net Zero Emission. I've picked only a particular worksheet (1a_RM_&_pack_calc_1.csv) and created entities and built relationships for them, but after running the Data Reader, I'm getting an error on Missing Child in relationships.

Thanks & Regards,

Kranthikumar Goli.

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee, Community Captain
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hi Kranthikumar,

The missing child in relationships may be due to the data reader discarding certain records from the relationship mapping file. Kindly check the database logs(.hbmp) for discarded records. And if there are any discarded records, look for the data reader logs that would pin point to record/s and the reason they were discarded.

You can manually fix the missing child relationship by clicking into every error that you see in the relationship screen and then clicking on the red entity: all of those elements that have a "Related Item Nr." (in summarize analysis mode) equal to "0" have missing child relationships.

You can manually add the missing child relations by clicking into "0" and selecting the correct entity member from the child entity.

More on troubleshooting missing relationships-

Thanks,

Samson.

• Kranthi
    Kranthi Active Partner
    Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    edited August 2023

Thank you, Samson, for the answer.

1. Can we create a capsule even after a missing child occurs in a relationship?
    2. After mapping, I've tried to validate the fields, but I'm getting this error.

Warm Regards,

Kranthikumar Goli.

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee, Community Captain
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hi Kranthi,

1. Irrespective of the missing child relationships, yes you can create capsules, screens, dataviews but you may not see the data at the right aggregation level if the relationships are not fixed.
    2. I am not sure what the error could be, but using the error code reference, you can search in the Board web log to understand the error. By default the web log files are located at
      C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Board\Board WebApi Server\App_Data\logBoarWeb.log

If this is for a cloud instance, then you can grab the web logs from the cloud admin portal.

Kindly raise a case on our support portal support.board.com with all the details if you need help troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Just for additional information purposes, I DO NOT recommend using the 'Fix Relations' button on the screen where you are seeing the missing relationships. This causes some strange members to be added to entities and isn't generally what one would want to see nor accurate for your hierarchies. If you see any members in an entity with "«" it generally means it was created by using the Fix Relations button.