Level 200: Module 206 Copy PY Actuals to CY Budget

Options

Hi there,

I am having issues with my procedures to load CY Budget from the PY Actuals.

The capsule procedure begins successfully, and can see it actions the data model procedure as the timestamp updates. However, the data flow step in the Data Model procedure does not appear to run successfully, and I do not get the completion message from the capsule procedure.

I'm assuming the issue is therefore in the data model procedure not running fully, as a result of that data flow step.

I have reviewed this step against the instructions in the module and cannot find any error. Any help would be much appreciated!

Noting I have already tried unloading from memory, exiting and restarting to fix any ram issues (this affected prior steps which were resolved from doing this).

Screen shots below:

Data Model Procedure: Data Flow step

Sales Planning Screen:

Sales Planning Screen: Selections applied

Sales Planning Screen: Data Model

Capsule Procedure

Data Model Procedure

Tagged:

Answers

• Willians Santana
    Willians Santana Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi, @Justin Hester.

I hope you are having a great day!

Thank you for your message and all the details provided! We do appreciate that.

Please open the underlying Data Model Procedure and save it with a new name, for example, Procedure Original Name plus the suffix V2.

Then, repoint the Capsule Procedure to the new copy of the procedure, rerun the process, and please inform us about the results.

I have reported that to @Kristin Dimitrova from the Board Academy Team.

Best Regards,

Willians

• Justin Hester
    Options

Hi Willians,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the suggested solution as shown below, which has not fixed the error.

• Willians Santana
    Options

Hi, @Justin Hester,

Thank you for your response and all the details provided! I do appreciate that.

Please send a message to me by e-mail, and we can schedule a remote session to analyze that issue together.
    My e-mail is wsantana@board.com

I will be available at your convenience.

Best Regards,
    Willians

• Justin Hester
    Options

Hi Willian,

Confirming that the error has been identified, as I had not selected all required dimensions for the ACT - DF - Sales LC cube in step 205. Per the below, this cube was missing the Salesperson dimension. Updating this cube, and re-running the procedure has populated the CY budget column.

Noting that while the procedure does run, the refresh & completion message do not - however a manual refresh confirms the data has been loaded correctly. I also had this occur in Step 205, but given the data loads correctly I am not too concerned. Thanks for your help!

• Willians Santana
    Options

Awesome, @Justin Hester ! Thank you for your response and all the details provided! I do appreciate that.

You are very welcome! It is my pleasure to help.

Please let me know if you need any other action or information from me.

I will be available at your convenience.