Nexel when transitioning to Web Capsules

Options

Hi,

I'm having an issue with existing Nexel layouts transitioning capsules from Client to Web (now on Board 10.7) - every time the procedure is ran (which includes 'Save data entry' step) Nexel doesn't save to the cube anymore (it only contains the values we prepopulate the cube with to give us a base).

My current work around is to change a value in the data entry, save, and change it back again and everything then works.

I only have limited experience with Nexel, so any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Michael,

Does the Nexel Writeback step in the procedure have the "Allow write in place" enabled?

Also is the the cube that you are trying to writeback on in the lowest level? The Nexel Writeback works similar to the Data Entry and needs to be on the lowest level.

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Michael Manes
    Options

Hi Samson,

Thanks for your reply. Yep, Allow write in place is checked.

Is the lowest level requirement new to Board web vs. the old client? Previously we would populate that cube with values from another cube (aggregation of thousands of dimensional possibilities at the block level, so theoretically if we had data entry on for that block in the layout I'd need to allow split & splat).

Unless you're referring to version of the cube? We only have a single version, so it's the lowest level in that sense…?

Cheers,

Mike