How to also export the Layout settings to Microsoft Excel Workbook for BOARD Add-in?

Options
Marius Lubbe
Marius Lubbe Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment First Anniversary
edited September 2023 in Platform

Hi,

I am currently exporting data from my report directly into excel.

I can then connect my Board office add-in to the table and apply selections and everything possible using the office conector.

The problem that I am having is the value formats.

In my report in Board (online) I have parenthesis instead of the minus simbol when values are negative that is being applied using a template, whereas in Excel the values are shown as negatives again using the minus simbol even with the template still applied.

I tried formatting the cells manually, but as soon as I apply a filter or selection or refresh the format changes back.

Is it possible to import the format exactly?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Marius,

This is a known issue in Board where the negative numbers formatted with Parentheses is not respected when exporting using the Board Add-in functionality. The lab is looking into this (PRB-000021394). Once this is resolved, we will update you.

As a workaround, try editing the format of the block within the excel and see if it respects the parentheses format.

Thanks,
    Samson.

Answers

• Marius Lubbe
    Marius Lubbe Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi Samson,

I tried that and is sadly did not work.

What we did as a workaraound was to remove the automatic format updates and set it to manual.

We then just changed the excel cell formats.

This is not the best approach but for now it works.

Kind Regards