Level 200, Module 205: Procedure ACT Sales Data Upload not in the Procedure dropdown option

Options
Ern Ynion
Ern Ynion Active Partner
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
edited October 2023 in Academy

I created the procedure ACT - Sales Data Upload but it is not in the procedure dropdown when I created the Call DB Procedure. It is grayed out. What did I miss?

Answers

• Zayaan Wasif
    Options

Hi Ern,

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the procedure being shown as greyed out? If you re-create the ACT - Sales Data Upload procedure once more - does the same issue persist when attempting to place the procedure in the Call DB Procedure group?

I appreciate your input!

• Ern Ynion
    Ern Ynion Active Partner
    Options

Hi Zayaan, here's the screenshot. I created again the procedure. same result

• Bettina Clausen
    Options

HI,

if you created a DB procedure, you need to choose a database in the dropdown as a first step. If that has been selected, you get a list of all database procedures.

Kind regards,
    Bettina

• Ern Ynion
    Ern Ynion Active Partner
    Options

Hi Bettina,

I did that one also. I chose first the database or data model which is Level 2 Demo but still the procedure doesn't show up.

Thanks

Ern

• Zayaan Wasif
    Options

Hi Ern,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot! I believe the issue is due to the fact you are attempting to create the 'Call DB Procedure' group in the data model procedure rather than the capsule procedure (the capsule procedure will invoke the data model procedure). You first need to create a data model procedure which contains the clear cube and data reader steps, followed by a capsule procedure also called 'ACT - Sales Data Load' which includes the group that invokes the data model procedure.

See https://www.boardmanual.com/2023/summer/data-modeling/data-model-design-sections/procedures/about-procedures.htm for more information about data model procedures vs capsule procedures.

Let me know if the above helps!