Linking Scroll Bars - DataViews

Options
Yas Davoudzadeh
Yas Davoudzadeh Employee
First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board 5 Up Votes
edited November 2023 in Idea Exchange

How can we ensure that dataviews move simultaneously together if they are of the same width ?

For example I would want the 3 bottom columns to move at the same time as the top as they are linked, but as it's 3 v 1 it tends to go out of sync.

Tagged:
4 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Sophie Jones
    Options

This is a great question Yas, I'll be interested to see how this can be done :)

• Filip Rankovic
    Filip Rankovic Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello Yas
    Hello Sophie

If the column number and width is identical in all DataViews (also the amount of entities in the "by row" section in the Layout editor), this should be possible.
    Beware, that all displayed blocks count (lines, etc.) and the "row totals" are also of relevance.

In your example, dummy blocks left and right of the actual data in the upper DataView seem possible.

Hope this helps you.

Nevertheless, I do support more flexibility in scrolling linkage. Possibly even between other scrollable objects, e.g. 2 expanders.

Best regards,
    Filip

————————————-
    FIlip Rankovic
    Associate Consultant
    Board Deutschland GmbH

• Neha Hasija
    Options

Hi Yas,

This seems to be a great idea.