Detail By - Column Headers not showing

Options

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the detail by column names not appearing?

In the example below I am detailing by this entity "Hub Source Stock Location" and the screen has 3/10 selected currently.

In my dataview, I am able to view the 4 columns (which is correct, the 3 from the selection and a total column) to the right of the 'Total WH SOH - Contract' which is just the 'WH SOH - Contract Hub' cube without the detail by enabled, and I can see that it contains a value but when detailing by an entity this disappears.

Ideally, those 4 columns would look similar to the screenshot below, with the Hub names showing, however I am confused to why it is not.

Answers

• Neha Hasija
    Options

Hi Yas,

Can you please share the screenshot of the layout ?

Also, Can you check if there are any block formatting for that particular column in the settings?

• Yas Davoudzadeh
    Options

Hi @Neha Hasija ,

Thanks for your help!

Here is the layout.

Here's the block format for those two blocks which are the same (but working differently).

Best,

Yas

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi @Neha Hasija,

from a first glance it looks like a fairly complex layout structure, I can see the am block as the last block.

I wonder if the problem might be related to the configuration of the other blocks.

Try getting a simpler dataview on the same screen, where you display the two blocks in scope with "deatil by" on the latter and see if it works.

Regards,

T.

• Scott Bloxsome
    Options

Hi @Yas Davoudzadeh,

As @Tommaso Riva has mentioned it's likely something else in the layout which is causing this behaviour, so I'd advise 2 options in this case.

1. Delete blocks 1 by 1 with the refresh available on the layout checking the behaviour until you get what is expected (each time you get an oops check the issues as it'll normally be a broken algorithm with a circular reference).
    2. Double check your entities and relationships on your detail by versus what's displayed in your rows, it should still work if store and HUB source stock location are in the same tree but it's just worth checking.

Thanks

Scott

• Yas Davoudzadeh
    Options

Hi @Scott Bloxsome!

Thank you!

HUB source stock location is a stand alone entity.

The relationship was the issue in that store is the root/child of the location tree, and the cube contains 2 dimensions on different branches of that store branch (at more aggregate levels), so it would show the value if store was removed from the row, or in the total version of the cube. So I have created a new reporting cube in order to bypass the issue which flows the data from the original cube to the new cube which is dimensioned by store.

Yas