Cube visibilty lock failing when time function is applied to a cube in the same layout

Options
Ken Walsh
Ken Walsh Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Photogenic First Anniversary
edited November 2023 in Platform

Hi experts,

Seeking your opinion and expert assistance with an issue related to applying time functions to a cube in the same layout where cube visibility is applied for data visibility restriction.

If you use cube visibility function to lock a cube in the first picture below it works. However, If you then apply a time function on a cube in the same layout, the cube will show the values and ignore the cube visibility lock and then negate the security selection applied on the cube visibility feature and hence all data will be available for the user to browse regardless of the selection applied.

My question is are we configuring this incorrectly when trying to apply a time fuction on a cube in a layout where cube visibility is being applied or is this a known bug?

Images of the issue shown below

1. Cube visibilty with no time function applied

2) Cube visibilty with time function applied - this happens with both yearly cumulated value and yearly moving total (the others have not yet been tested)

@Alex Pelucchi

Thanks

Ken

Answers

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi @Ken Walsh,

what is the version currently in use?

This problem was occurring with the Board 2023 Spring version.

The problem has been fixed with the Board 2023 Summer version.

Here you can see the release note where there is a specific fix for this bug:

"Layout. In some cases, applying a ranged time function (i.e. Yearly Cumulated Value) on a Cube whose values are partially restricted by a Cube visibility rule, caused the Time Function calculation to still consider all values of the Cube. The issue has been resolved."

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Tommaso

• Ken Walsh
    Options

Thank you @Tommaso Riva this could very well be the issue, I will look into this and recommend to upgrade to the new version if this is the case.

Best regards,

Ken