Cube Visibility & Cube cells locked by

Options

Cloud version: 12.6 0288217

Hello,

I can't get Cube Visibility (Deny cell editing in Database Security) combined with Cube cells locked by to work, even if the cubes are not conflicting.

This is the error message shown on the Screen when you log in as a User (not Developer).
The error message itself is not explanatory.

Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Workaround: Add the Cube as a block and then use Dataview cells locked by. But it still requires to redo all Dataviews where you have Cube Cells locked by.

Accepted Answers

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Samir Jones Thank you for letting us know that you're experiencing an issue when posting. I have removed the duplicate post and will investigate the posting issue further as well.

• Leone Scaburri
    Leone Scaburri Employee
    First Anniversary First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Samir Jones,

this is clearly established in the manual:

If a Cube is affected by a Cube visibility rule, you cannot enable the "Cube cell locked by" option on it in the Layout editor: if you do, the Layout execution will fail.

These two are overlapping functionalities and one should exclude the other, what are you trying to achieve? Are you addressing exceptions?

Answers

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Holly Rieke, when posting I get an error message, and it doesn't seem like your post was registered.

But looking in the Community, I can now see it got posted twice.

Can you please remove the post that doesn't have any additional comments?

Thank you

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Leone Scaburri, thank you for being my eyes. :-)