Data View selection

Options

Hi All,

I have the following task:

We need a Report -Screen with two Data Views and the following three Pagers for selection:

Year, Industry and supplier

Two Data Views with supplier in lines and value in column with difference blocks.

The first Data View should show the figures of the complete selection.

The second Data View should show the figures of the selected Year, Industry, but all suppliers of the selected industry.

We use the Board Version 12

Is there a possibility to do that?

Thanks for any ideas

Answers

• Philipp Schumacher
    Options

Hi Thomas,

From the top of my head I have two ideas:

1. you could either create dedicated, aggregated cubes for those DataViews. E.g. The reporting cube minus the supplier dimension will show the total over all suppliers and not react to screen selections
    2. you could create a (technical) Entity at the top of the supllier tree that condenses all suppliers to one single element. You can then use that 'All Suppliers'-Elemente for the Layout To-Selection.

Let me know if you need any further details on that.

Kind regards

Philipp

• Thomas Bartmann
    Options

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem.

If I try to do it this way, all suppliers are displayed in the data view and not only those of the industry of the supplier selected via the pager.

The goal is to create a peer analysis for an individual supplier. The selected supplier compared to the top 5 suppliers in the same industry. This should be done as automatically as possible by selecting the supplier with the time period.

Best regards

Thomas