Level 200, Module 208: Error message

Options
nickvd
nickvd Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment

Module 208 went fine but in the section "Review the solution", I tried to re-run the sales data upload. Since I did that, on all screens I receive the error message "The requested database is currently being modified by another user. Please try again later". Logging out and logging in again does not help.

Do you know how to solve this please? Or if not, is it possible to upload the correct data, procedures, cubes, etc. without errors at the end of module 208 to my training environment so I can continue from module 209? Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Answers

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Nick,

This error comes up whenever the parents and children are not properly linked in the Relationships part of the data model. Can you see if there any parents with zero children or missing relationships?

• nickvd
    nickvd Active Partner
    Options

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the quick reply. The relationships are exactly in line with what it should look like according to section "Review the solution", so that seems not to be the issue. Any other ideas?

• Crystal Zhao
    Crystal Zhao Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited January 22
    Options

Hi Nick,

Can you share a screenshot of the "Analyze" page? Are you sure there are not any parents that are showing 0 children? I am concerned that even though all of the children are showing that there may be extra parents that could be causing the problem.

• nickvd
    nickvd Active Partner
    Options

Sure, please find a screenshot below:

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Nick,

You are right that this does look like it is supposed to. Do all of these entities shown here have at least one member in them?

• nickvd
    nickvd Active Partner
    edited January 23
    Options

All entities do indeed have at least one member in them.

Also good to know is everything worked fine and in line with the instructions in the modules (at least for UK data, Italy data didn't load). The errors only occurred when I re-ran the sales data upload ("1. Load data").

Do you have any further ideas how to solve the issue? Or if not, do you know if it's possible for Board to upload the correct data, procedures, cubes, etc. without errors at the end of module 208 to my personal training environment so I can continue from module 209?

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Nick,

This might be a related clue if Italy didn't load. Do you know what went wrong there? Did you get a different error for that?

• nickvd
    nickvd Active Partner
    Options

Didn't get an error when Italy didn't load. The data didn't load but I didn't receive an error message. All Screens incl. visuals still worked then but only for UK data, not for Italy.

Now none of the Screens work anymore. For all Screens, I receive the error message "The requested database is currently being modified by another user. Please try again later.".