Badge of the Month: March has arrived!

Options
Holly Rieke
Holly Rieke Employee
DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
admin
edited April 9 in Blog

Welcome back, Community friends 😊. Thanks to everyone who played along with us in February. @Nico Weber, @Rishabh Shahi, @Samson Sunny, and @Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran - we loved hearing from you and enjoyed your perspectives👏.

March is upon us, and we're excited to bring you a new opportunity to have some fun, earn this month's badge, and even better—get to know your peers in Community.

ICYMI: Participation is the key to unlocking these exclusive badges, and we encourage all members to join in the fun. Whether you're a seasoned contributor or a newcomer eager to make your mark, this monthly challenge is meant to bring our Community together in a fun and meaningful way.

Why should you join the challenge?

We're glad you asked. Earning the Badge of the Month is a great way to engage with your Community. It's easy. It's fun. And it demonstrates your knowledge and commitment to making this Community—your Community—a valuable and inclusive space for everyone!

Without further ado…

March question of the month

What is your favorite way(s) to learn the platform and optimize your practice?

Do you learn best through Academy courses? Has a peer or mentor guided you? Perhaps you prefer self-guided learning through Community resources like Best Practices, How-to Guides, or forum Q&A? Or is the Board Manual your go-to resource?

Take a moment to answer this question in the comments below to earn your March badge. Let's build connections, expand our collective knowledge, and have some fun along the way!

Stay tuned for next month's challenge and question…

Comments

• Rishabh Shahi
    Options

For me, the best level of insightful & meaningful learnings have come through support cases, logged in by our customers where I'm able to take a deep dive into the way Board's offerings can be utilized to build and develop, which yield best results delivering on the business expectations and requirements.

Live interactive sessions with my peers and colleagues helped me the most in getting trained during my initial days, where we can execute certain experiments through well-drafted guiding modules.

And finally, whenever new features are in pipeline, we get the opportunity to use beta programmes to get ourselves well acquainted even before an actual official release comes out in the public. This helps in staying up-to-date with the new items beforehand.

• Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran
    Options

I always try to keep up to date with all the news and resources offered by the Board Community, e.g. Best Practices, documentation of new patches, articles in the Board Manual, etc. Everything is important to me.

However, I try to choose and research all those articles and resources that I think are or will be useful for my current professional practice.

• Mindy Waltz
    Mindy Waltz Employee
    First Comment April Badge of the Month March Badge of the Month Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    edited March 8
    Options

Two of the courses that I always recommend for first time learners in Academy are Leveraging Board for Business Insights and Board Architecture. Both courses show the power of Board and give a peek behind the curtains of how Board works.

Stay tuned for the quick modules that showcase Board 14 features!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin
    Options

@Nico Weber We love that you're taking advantage of so many great learning opportunities! Thank you for sharing👏.

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

@Rishabh Shahi Gaining insight from peers, colleagues, and support cases are great examples of a holistic approach to learning. Thanks for your thoughts!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

@Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran Focusing learning on your current professional practice—great advice. Many thanks for sharing!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

@Mindy Waltz Thanks for sharing your recommendations for new learners! It's such an important time to build your foundational practice as a first-time learner.

• TJ Barber
    TJ Barber Employee
    April Badge of the Month March Badge of the Month 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@Nico Weber Nico absolutely nails this question. We at the academy are excited to continue developing resources here at Board and we have so many more projects we're looking forward to showing you in the near future. The Platform training series we're wrapping up here by end of Q2 is a great asset for technical Board knowledge. We are also huge fans of Community and it's ability to bring together everyone excited about Board and to help them not only answer questions they may have, but also improve their individual skills.

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

@TJ Barber We're big fans of the academy as well!

• Shisong
    Shisong Active Partner
    5 Likes First Comment Advocate 5 Up Votes
    Options

Personally, I learned a lot from 1) sample applications (for presales) provided by Board and 2) Best practices and How-to Guides in this website. By analyzing the sample applications, you get to know how the applications were designed and programmed in every detail.

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

@Shisong It's great to hear your perspective! Thank you for sharing👏. The March badge is coming your way.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

I can only emphasize what @Nico Weber already mentioned, plus: build your own applications and try to use as many (new) functions as possible. Look at each new day as a new opportunity to learn something new ;-)

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin
    Options

Learn something new each day - always good advice! @Helmut Heimann Thanks!