Level 300, Module 303: incorrect result of the functional test

Options
Yuri Pinchuk
Yuri Pinchuk Active Partner
First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

Hi,

while doing module 303 I faced the problem of not passing the first functional test because after initialising the budget and 3+9 forecast I got the wrong numbers.

After digging down the problem, it seems the data model procedure PLN - Initialise planning doesn't work correctly.

I think that in this procedure at step 16 (selection) instead of using SET - DE - Planning Month cube as instructed in the course

for the dynamic selection of months, we should use SET - DE - Actual Reporting Months cube

Also, I think it's worth adding a selection step at the beginning of the Forecast group,

identical to step 4 (in the Budget group)

to narrow the selection of months within the current year only.

At least, after applying these adjustments to the procedure I got the correct results and passed the functional test.

However, I would appreciate it if someone reviews my findings and confirms (or not) its correctness.

Best regards,

Yuri

Answers

• Nat Sakulborrirug
    Nat Sakulborrirug Active Partner
    First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary
    Options

Running into issue as well. Commenting for visibility

• Kristin Dimitrova
    Options

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for raising this issue. We looked into it and you helped us find an error in the course instructions. We've updated them accordingly.

The correct Cube for the dynamic selection on Month in step 16 is SET - DF - Actual Months. The suggested selection on Year is not necessary because there is a Screen selection on the Planning Initialization Screen (from where the Procedure gets triggered) that gets carried into the Procedure.

Thank you,

Kristin

• Yagna
    Yagna Active Partner
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Hi Academy team,

Still Functional results are showing wrong results, Actual data based on step 16 isn't writing on the PLN-DF-Sales LC cube.

unable to proceed as functional results are wrong. appreciate your help.

• Snehal Barot
    Options

Hi Yagna,

Which procedure are you referring to for step 16? Is it the PLN - Initialize Planning procedure? There's a dataflow in step 21, where the actuals are pulled into the PLN-DF-Sales LC cube.

The data flow in step 21 is as follows:

Also, which question in the functional test are you unable to go past?

Many thanks,

Snehal