Issue with Smart Import file upload.

Options
Jordan_Gracey96
Jordan_Gracey96 Customer
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
edited April 8 in Platform

Hello,

I am trying to use the smart import feature and am having some issues with the file upload.

Basically when I try and upload a file I'm getting validation errors on my data. However when I do a copy and paste into the import table the data is accepted. The data is around 1750 rows so copying and pasting the data is not optimal. Any reason why this might happen?

Answers

• Rishabh Shahi
    Options

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for your message. One reason which comes to mind would be related to text data you might be attempting to upload through your Smart Import object. In past, it has been observed that the data load fails when there's a new line character anywhere in between the data within a cell, the process ends with an error.

to test, could you please revisit and check if you're able to load cell from particular column and one by one if you land up with one where it begins to fail, the problem might be happening because of an unsupported character for the upload.

Let me know if this helps or in case you observe something else

Thanks,

Rishabh Shahi

• Jordan_Gracey96
    Options

Hi Rishabh,

I have went through each cell and retyped the cells that were giving errors and that did not help.

Overall I'm getting three errors:

CELL ERROR-The '[TEMP] Sub_Code' code in cell T3 does not exist (Have checked entity and value does exist)

CELL ERROR-The 'Project_ID' code width in cell A4 exceeds the maximum code width allowed (10) (All values in this column are the exact same)

CELL ERROR-Cell H4 is empty. It must contain a valid 'Original Item 4' code (Value is not empty)

When I enter values manually or Copy & Paste the smart import accepts them without any issue.

Thanks,

Jordan