Retrieving the data model from Board into the Power BI

Options
Sofiia
Sofiia Active Partner
First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights

Hello !

Dear community,

I would like to ask you about your experiense of retrieving the Board data model to use it after in Power BI. Because, as for now, in the Board manual, I've found the instructions about Power BI add-in, which allows to access to the Board Presentations only.

Thank you in advance !

Accepted Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    First Anniversary April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sofiia ,

Yes, as of now you can only import Board data into Power BI from the objects included in your presentation i.e. it exploits the presentations public APIs.

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    First Anniversary April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sofiia ,

Yes you use the Board Public APIs (ApiQuery, Capsule, Full Text Search, Presentations, Procedure, Schema) to expose Board data to other external applications. But in the case of Power BI only the presentations public API can be used to work with Board data.

You can raise an idea in the community to include the calling of other Board public APIs and not just the presentations public APIs from Power BI. The R&D team may consider to include this in future releases.

You can raise an idea here-

Answers