About data view color settings

Options
MSugiyama
MSugiyama Active Partner
Name Dropper Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
edited April 24 in Platform

Hello

I would like the text color to be red if the value in the data view is negative, and black if it is greater than or equal to 0.With the settings in the attached image, the 0 character color is gray instead of black, and the negative numbers are also light red and dark red. Ideally, I would like to display numbers using only two colors, red and black, so that there is no color gradation.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thank you.

Accepted Answer

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MSugiyama:

1. Select the Data view on the Screen.
    2. From the menu on the right side, uncheck "Desaturate color alerts"

Answers

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner
    Name Dropper Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    edited April 24
    Options

@Samir Jones

Thank you for your advice. After following your advice, I was able to set the font color the way I wanted.
    Could you give me one more piece of advice?
    I just looked at the data view and there were red and black cells even with the same 0. When I check the actual numbers up to the decimal point, they are indeed positive and negative. Is it possible to write a number like -0.001 as -0 on Board?
    thank you.

Dataview

Actual value

• Shisong
    Shisong Active Partner
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment Advocate
    Options

There are two solutions available.

1.Set a proper alert range.

2.Add another block to round the number and set alert to "use values of" that new block.

Personally, I'd recommend the 2nd, because it might be difficult to find a proper range especially when dealing with decimal numbers. And more importantly, the 2nd solution can help to avoid unnecessary hard coding inside alert setting. The only shortcoming might be that you'll have more hidden blocks in the layout setting.

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner
    Options

@Shisong

Thank you for your advice. I found a way to use a rounding algorithm to make cells that look like 0 all black.

I have accumulated a lot of knowledge about Board. Thank you everyone for your help.