Yearly Cumulated Value + Detail by Year in block

Version 12.6

We have a MTD cube, with a selector of generic fiscal period (1-Jul, 2-Aug, 3-Sep…12-Jun).

I have a block with MTD value with "detail by fiscal year" set and "Tme function>Yearly Cumulated Value (fiscal years checked)". No time entity in rows or columns.

The MTD cube contains 6 years - all years are 0 amount (2018 - 2023) and 2024 works correctly. If I select period 1, it shows cumulated amount through 1, if I choose 6, it adds up periods 1-6.

Am I wrong to think all previous years should work with detail by fiscal year?

Does Yearly Cumulated Value work with detail by fiscal year, or does it require offsets in a procedure to another cube?

Answers

• Hi @Matthew Brown, the YCV works with the "detail by" FY and shows the cumulated value through the FY selected without crossing the periods.

I don't have all the information about your case but this is the expected behavior with YCV and Fiscal year.

• We (me + consultants) cannot get it to work on a screen with a data view, and the YCV is mixed with detail by fiscal year. Apparently it's the combination of how I'm trying to do things, but it's really just YCV with detail by fiscal year.

It will show the latest fiscal year YCV, but that's it, none of the previous.

In the main selector, if I select "10-april" as generic fiscal period, and fiscal years 2022-2024, It will show 10.2022, 10.2023, 10.2024 selected for month, but the values are blank.

fiscal year and generic fiscal period are parents of the month entity.

The YCV time function does work in a procedure if I push the value to another cube, which isn't ideal, but it works.

• Hello @Matthew Brown - my case is very simple I have a cube by month where I have the YCV applied. On the screen, this cube is displayed in a data view with detail by fiscal year - no dimension by column only by row.

I have a month selector on the screen - by selecting one of the months within the fiscal year - which is Apr-Apr in my example - I see the value properly cumulated.