Custom drilldown layouts not working in B14

I've discovered that the newest version (14.1) appears to not preserve custom drilldown layouts in the same way that B12 did.

In B12 I was able to "Drill anywhere" on a column and then edit the layout in the popup, which was very useful for displaying data which was otherwise too big for the original layout (comments, pictures, etc).

I've noticed that In B14, you're still able to edit the layout in the drilldown, but the changes are not saved when you save the screen.

I've tested this on B12 and B14 environments simultaneously and is only a problem in B14. Interestingly, old capsules that have been migrated to B14 preserve the original drilldown.

Am I missing a new piece of functionality or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Accepted Answer

• The Hackett Group
    The Hackett Group Active Partner
    Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 13 Answer ✓

Interesting, I'll update to that version and see if it's been fixed.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've just checked the patch notes and it appears that it was a known bug which has been resolved:

"Drill. Drill down execution did not save changes made to the Layout in the Drill (for example changes to the Blocks of the Drill down). In some cases, an error was returned where this type of configuration was already active. This bug has been fixed. PRB-000021789"

Answers

• Bart Scott
    Bart Scott Active Partner, Community Captain
    Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

Which B14 patch are you using? We were able to adjust the default drill, and layout of the drill and it was saved like it used to be.

Bart Scott

CFO Solutions LLC

• The Hackett Group
    The Hackett Group Active Partner
    Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Bart,

I've tested this on 14.1.0.0.1.3.3.5.6.6 but I'd encountered it in the Beta too.

• Bart Scott
    Bart Scott Active Partner, Community Captain
    Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

I tested today on 14.1.0.0.161052 and didn't have any issues with setting the drill layout different than the default layout.

• Hi,

If you have any issues with B14, may i suggest you create a case support.board.com.

Our team will look into the issue and will be able to provide feedback.