About the steps marked "Call procedure" in the procedure

MSugiyama
MSugiyama Active Partner
First Comment Name Dropper Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board

Hello.

When I executed a step within a procedure that called another procedure, the message in the attached image appeared and the step was not executed.

I put the steps of the procedure I wanted to call in the procedure that was calling it, and the procedure ran without any problems.

Why does this error occur? If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thank you.

MSugiyama

Accepted Answers

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Answer ✓

@MSugiyama

You can see that the Procedure name has been changed.

In Step 26, select another Procedure, and the select back the correct Procedure. After you hit Save, the name will be updated.

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner
    First Comment Name Dropper Level 200: Building A Planning Solution in Board Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Answer ✓

@Samir Jones

I thought that I had reconfigured the target procedure, but for some reason the settings were not reflected as shown in ①-⑤ below.
    I selected a completely different procedure once in ②, saved it, and then selected the desired procedure again and saved it, and the setting was reflected and the step that calls the procedure moved.
    We were able to solve the problem.
    Thank you so much.

①Before Modification

②Reselect the procedure and press the save button

③After making changes, press the save button at the bottom right

(The correct procedure for the purpose has been reselected)

④With the correct procedure reselected, enter edit mode again

⑤It should have been reconfigured, but the procedure before the configuration is specified

Answers

• Hi Msgiyama,

Is it possible for you to share how the procedures have been configured?

Some screen shots would be great so we can understand a little more.

Thank you

Dominique

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer

@MSugiyama, have you changed name on the target procedure?

Go to the Call Procedure step and make a temporary change, and then change back to the correct target procedure, so that you can save it again.

Unfortunately, the names in the Call Procedure step are not dynamic.

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner

@Dominique Duchenne

Hello.

I have attached below a screenshot of the procedure I created.

I have my language set to Japanese, so I apologize if the information is difficult to understand.

[The calling procedure]

Step 26 calls another procedure

[The procedure I want to call]

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner

@Samir Jones

Hello.

I checked the "Call Procedure step" and the desired procedure and database were set as shown in the attached image. Should I reselect the same items and save?
    Thank you.

• MSugiyama
    MSugiyama Active Partner

@Samir Jones

Thanks for the advice.

I'm going to rename the procedure correctly and run it to see if it works.