Can i copy/paste data from Excel into BOARD?

Options

Hi,

would it be possible to copy data (or a set of cells/a range) from Excel directly into BOARD?

i need to feed some data from excel into a planning table and i am not sure this can be done.

Are there any logics to be considered?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Hi, I know I'm quite late to your query so first, can I ask, is this still something you are looking at doing?  I have created a process to carry out this task as we have a user who is required to create property 'catalogues' where a list of property references (entity members between 5 to 400) is provided, in a specific order.  This list must be pasted from excel and into a dataview which, with a procedure, is then used as a valid selection to create a pdf 'catalogue' of properties (one each to a page and including photo, financial breakdown and lease details) in the given order.  I am presently considering a suite of tutorial videos to capture all of what I've learnt on BOARD over the last year and sharing them on this forum and I think this one could be a priority.

Let me know what you think. 

• Sebastian Gurt
    Options

Hi Paul,

although the question was not posted by me I would be very interested in you solutions. I am looking forward to check them out in the Inspirations section.

BR

Sebastian

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Sebastian,

I will look at this in the near future. I need first to create a test capsule. Then I need to create a presentable process as the one currently deployed is very specific and I need to pull out the training objectives. However, I have wanted to do this particular one for a while and so I will look to getting it out before the end of the month, workload allowing. 

By the way, I realised you were not the OP after sending my reply so who is BOARD CUSTOMER @BOARD.COM? Is this a generic profile BOARD are using to present questions and content?

• BOARD Customer if you are copying from Excel into BOARD Client, you also need to do this in Play mode, not Edit mode (F4 toggle).  Hope this helps.