Cannot start Board 10 Server. Original cause: This license does not allow Board to run in 64-bit mod

Options

I keep getting the following error when starting the local BOARD instance... This was working until 2 days back.

Cannot start Board 10 Server. Original cause: This license does not allow Board to run in 64-bit mode.

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Christopher Jansz,

This is a very typical error. Please see the answer in following thread: Unable to Login: 64 bit license Error 

I hope this will help,
    Jonathan

• Thanks but this is an error when starting the service, not connecting.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 23:40 tg_jbaetens, <do-not-reply.community@board.com>

• Hi Christopher,

The server would give you this error if your license key has expired/is not valid. I hope that helps!

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Christopher, apologies for the confusion. I now remember receiving that message as well some time ago and being puzzled what was wrong. Thanks to Audrey for clarifying!

I have to say, it is indeed a confusing error message.

Could a more relevant error message be provided like "license key is invalid or has expired"?

All the best,
    Jonathan

• No worries Jonathan

• Thanks, Audrey. It was a license expiry issue.

• Audrey, a follow-up to this question as I have the exact same issue. How do you verify license expiry on the server? Is there anything else that could cause this error to come up in the event log while starting up the Board Server service?