loading a JSON file into BOARD database

Options

Hi,

Has anyone already experienced loading a json local file directly into a BOARD database ?

If yes, could you describe roughly the technical way to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi interested typ

I have created a small project demonstrating how a simple JSON file can be loaded. I have uploaded this in the 'Inspirations' section, but it is awaiting moderation presently.

Rgds

Robert

• Ow that's a piece of luck, thanks for submitting an inspiration!

• Hi again.

I guess you are talking about a JSON stream where there is no end-of-line to delineate each record? In which case the answer is that the project I created will not handle that correctly. It may be possible to modify it to make it work, but that would depend on the exact format of the file you are trying to load. There are several variants of JSON files so it is not possible to answer your question without knowing the specifics.

Robert

• Hello Robert Brooke

Unfortunately, not only can I not comment on my submission, I can't edit it so was unable to add the project files to the original submission.

Have you asked the inspirations moderatorsFederica Antonelli or Davide Genini why you cannot edit your own content ?

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

crazy, I am able to edit your inspiration !!

Do you see the "Edit" button, when you are logged in and just read the inspiration ?

• Federica Antonelli
    Options

Hi Robert Brooke, You should be able to add comments or edit your document. In case you go for the EDIT then your doc will go in the moderation, ready to be approved. 

We have the option to limit comments when you publish an inspiration but is not the case in your document.

Thanks interested typ for your tips.

Let me know,

Federica  

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Federica

The problem seems to be that I cannot edit or add comments to my document. Here's what I see on my screen: (no 'edit' link next to 'Share' or 'Actions'. Is this related to the fact that I was not able to contribute directly to the 'Inspirations' section as it was unavailable to me? I had to submit this as an 'Endorsement', and I assume you, or a colleague, moved it to the correct place.

• Federica Antonelli
    Options

Hi Robert Brooke,

In this case, I think that it's an issue related to your registration. Let's ask to the community Manager Giulia Biondi.

Federica 

• Giulia Giulia
    Options

Hi Robert Brooke,

now you should be able to post/ edit and comment inspirations. 

let me know if now everything works correctly.

best,

giulia

• Hi Giulia Biondi, Federica Antonelli

Thanks for all your assistance. I can now edit my original submission  

• Great!

so this inspiration is not needed anymore. Could you delete it, so newcomers cannot be confused about this topic ?