managing scales of several different charts

Options

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know how to manage the scales of several different charts in BOARD ?

In the example below:

• there are 3 different graph objects and 1 pager object
  • the KPI 1 and 2 have close values (4 millions), the KPI 3 has another range of values (1,5 million).
  • the respective values of the KPIs vary according to the month selected using the pager object.

My question is: Is it possible to set the scales of the Y axis so that all three KPIs have the same scale values ? E.g. based on KPI 1 as a reference.

The result would be that KPI 3 shows 5 million as highest scale value in my example, like KPI 1 and 2.

I know there is the autorange option which can be disabled, but it is not what i am looking for, since I cannot know in advance which values have the KPIs...

thanks in advance,

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• dirk magerkord
    dirk magerkord Customer
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi interested typ,

The easiest way is to keep all elements in ONE graphic object. Then set the elements that are not required to "transparent". This generates the scaling along the largest, but not visible object and the graphic objects are comparable to each other.

As always, you have to find your way around a few corners to get the desired result.

Here is a HOW-TO-Example (in german) that might help: Graphic scaling with Nexel

Answers

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thank you very much, this helped me to get the desired scale. I added KPI 1 values to the KPI 3 graph's layout

The result is correct while I set the color of KPI 1 to transparent.

However, there is still an issue: i don't know how to hide the legend label for KPI1 block of this graph...

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Hi interested typ,

As far as I know, your problem can only be solved if you hide the integrated legend and build your own legend with the labels.
    Alternatively, you could also label the graphic elements that are not to be displayed with a "blank" and move them to the end of your list.
    In this way, the entries are at least visually unimportant.

Does anyone have a better solution?

• I labelled the block title with a "blank" for the block which has to be hidden, and the result is enough for me. In my example above, the block b is no longer "KPI 1" but "".

A mouseover on the legend reveals the trick, but otherwise it is invisible. I can live with this.

Thank you !

• Etienne CAUSSE
    Options

Nice trick

Another thing I've been requested, is how to manage the relative scale in a chart between primary and secondary axis.

For example, I display 1 KPI (turnover) as a bar chart, and the other (net result) as a line chart. Let's say the big boss is used to have the second scale as 10x times the first, this way the line is above the bar when net result is above 10%, and reciprocally.

Any idea how to do this ? Would a similar trick be usable ?

• Have you tried this ?

• block a: cube turnover, using first Y axis
    • block b: cube net result, using secondary Y axis
    • block c: algorithm = a/10, using secondary Y axis, set to transparent, and block header = ""
  • Etienne CAUSSE
    Options

Thanks, I was thinking the same, I'll test that next time