BOARD Office Add-In

Options

Hi,

Hs anyone ha an issue with install office add-in for Office 365?  I know it is compatible as I have had it before and I had to reinstall it due t some issues.

Now I'm unable to install office add-in on to my machine and I'm getting this error below.  Does anyone know how to fix?

I have tried reinstalling MS Office but that doesn't help.

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Minh Doan,

which version of BOARD are you using? Office 365 needs BOARD version 10 upwards.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Samuele Marchetto
    Options

Hi,

I usually get this message when I try to install a 32-bit version of Add-In with a 64-bit version of Office installed (or viceversa).

Bye

• Hi Helmut,

I'm using BOARD 10.1 ad Office 365 64 bit.

I had it before working well until I had to reinsatll it.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Minh,

the re-installation requires the installed version of the office add-in to be de-installed first. Did you do that or did you just try to install it "over" the old version?

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• I uninstalled the existing version first and then reinstall.

I have just tried installing the add-in on to another machine with Office 365 and it install sucessfully.

I think there must be some settings cached somewhere that the reinstall doesn't like on my machine and I don't know what this.  I even try installing office 2013 version and then install the add-in, it still didn't work.

Update:

I think there is a bug with the add-in when you try to reinstalling it.  I have just done another test on the machine I have sucessfully installed the add-in with Office 365.  On this machine, i uninstalled the add-in and then try to reinstall the add-in, I'm now getting the same error with a prompt saying Office 2007,2010,2013 is required.

• Zachary Turner
    Options

If problems persist after uninstalling the Add-in via Add/Remove programs, you can review the registry files on your local machine. This requires admin primages on your local workstation and may require engaging your IT staff.

To review:
    1. Type regedit and click OK.

2. Then navigate to the following registry keys, check if there are entries related Excel Add-ins.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins

3. If these entries exist, close out Excel. Then click on the related entry to show its settings or keys. Click on the "LoadBehavior". Change the related settings to 0.

4. Reboot the workstation and install the Add-in again.

• Dominique Duchenne
    Options

Hi,

Did you try using the Microsoft Easy Fix tool to uninstall Office.