Problems logging in via client after initial install

Options

Hi,

I am following the e-learning steps to install the Board software. This is on a local desktop. I have successfully installed the server, set up the first user and installed the client. However when I try to connect with the client (using Administrator) the dialog box briefly flashes "Connecting..." but then goes straight back to the login box - and does not seem to be connected. I have attached two screenshots (1) of the client window after I have clicked Connect (and then it reverts straight away back to the way it was before I clicked connect). And (2) of the Login_201810.txt log file which seems to show that the connection was successful.

Has anyone else had this issue and knows how to get the client to connect correctly so I can start creating databases and capsules?

Thanks!

Mark

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Mark Matson,

thanks for your request.

Your BOARD Server is running with which license type?

Does your key consist Master Licenses or do you run the engine with Stand Alone License?

For that case, did you create the first user as "Authorized Visitor"?

Did you insert a Stand Alone key also inside your BOARD Client?

Thanks for some more informations.

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Björn Reuber
    Options

as mentioned in TK, Problem was that Engine was running with a Stand Alone license and the user was created with "Assign License".

regards

Björn