How to programmatically (re-) load a database?

Options

Hi all,

we need to reload every other day one of our databases as there is an odd effect (potentially bug) that is solved by unloading the db and then reloading it into memory.

The effect is that analytical functions will not have results although they should.

Now we would like, as part of our daily routine unload the database from memory and reload it. We need the reload step as, there being big databases, they take a few minutes to load. We don't want the users, that open board the first time in the day to wait unnecessarily.

Is there a possibility to do this

- via procedure step

- via command line

- any other way?

BR, Ray

Tagged:

Answers

• So I just saw a similar question How does the preloaded database option work for the board server and using that option we can achieve what we need to do. We'll restart the whole board service (e.g. via command line) and assure that certain databases are preloaded.

If there are any other/better solutions out there, I'd appreciate to see them.

BR, Ray

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi Ray Martens

I confirm this solution.

It works well until you need a 24/7 service on.

I also suggest to clear the procedure cache between the stop and start service.

A consideration: if you need to reload the db to obtain a correct value in anlaytica function, in my opinion this is a bad behaviour, to be investigated with Board team. I suggest to open a ticket to Board support. 

best regards

daniele

• Pietro Di Cino
    Options

I confirm your solution. We restart the BoardEngine service with a BAT launched with a schedulation. 

When a capsule is opened, the database is loaded. 

Regards