Export DataView in Excel: what about alerts?

Options

Hi all,

just a question regarding the export in excel (flattening mode) of a DataView.

In Board Client if a User performs an export in excel (by right-clicking on the dataview and then clicking on "Export in Flattening Mode"), the generated excel file will not show all the alerts actually shown in Board's dataview.

In particular:

• Alerts not depending from other blocks are correctly shown in the exported excel file
  • Alerts depending from another block are NOT shown in the exported excel file

I've opened a support ticket, and I've been answered that this issue is already know by Board and that probably it will not be fixed. (It's been already solved in the HTML5 Board versions).

Is there someone that has found a solution/workaround for this issue?

Hope that I wrote all clearly!

Tagged:

Answers

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

If you use Excel Add-in, you could
    - force "manual formatting" in the option of the report in Excel (as described in Office add-in excel, keep format)

- apply the Conditional Formatting (native of Excel) on the columns containing the alerts.

Obviously, you have to refresh data inside Excel (using Add-in functionality) instead of export it from Board client.

• Hi Samuele Marchetto,

thank you very much for your answer.

I forgot to say that I knew about the solution using the Excel Add-in.

I was trying to find something different that do not include the Excel Add-in.

Any idea?

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Sorry, but I think there's no way to do it.