How to use block created in formula editor as a cube ?!

Options
Malav Shelat
Malav Shelat Customer
First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hello there ,

I was just wondering if i could use a block created in formula editor like a cube,

for example,

1. as shown in image below, i created a Block called SingleRule_Block, 

2.Now i went to Layout and created a C block with Column Algorithm as a/b

3. Now when i see in the DataView, block C does not show me any value, however it shows me for block A as it was created using formula editor,

How can i figure this out ? please help

Thanks and Regards,

Malav

Tagged:

Answers

• Correction on Point 3. 

3. Now when i see in the DataView, block C does not show me any value, however it shows me for block A as it was NOT created using formula editor,

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Malav Shelat,

you can derive from the help why it is not working as you desired (Nexel ):

The Nexel formulas are evaluated after the data-view layout and before the client-side actions. Consequences :

> If you setup a calculated block that uses a "Nexel" block the calculation happens before the Nexel calculation : the result may be not correct

> If you setup a "Nexel" block with a relative references in some formulas, sorting the Blocks does not affect the calculation

So you would need another approach. What are you trying to achieve?

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Hello Helmut Heimann

What i am trying to achieve is divide the Total of Column B by Total Of SingleRule_Block (Formula editor Column) , my Objective is to get an Average, without creating an MXC cube for ColumnA ,  

so for example Average of ColumnA would be 169/5 , i.e 33.8

then i'll put columnA into Hierarchy, so the parent Column , Lets say ColumnPrnt for assumption, would show me only averages of ColumnA  when Collapsed.

am i able to explain that right ?

kind Regards,

Malav

• Dietmar Jeschkeit
    Dietmar Jeschkeit Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Malav Shelat,

depending on your needs you can achieve what you want in several ways.

For example: you can use the average function instead of total for the block or you can calculate the average with column algorhythm or using nexel function.

Here are some screenshots with Layouts and results:

And for collapsing if I understand you right (Group2 is build by Elements Test3-Test5):

Hope this helps you

kind regards

Dietmar

• Hello Dietmar Jeschkeit,

Thank you so much for this straight solution which i could not think of yesterday, 

Thanks again,

Malav