How can i write my results back to cube using Procedures or nexel ?!

Options

Hello All,

I am trying to find out how can i write my resulted Columns (blocks made using Column Algorithm) and use it as a cube...

For example : i have Dataview Layout of two blocks A and B present in the data already, i have created one Block, lets say Block C using Column Algorithm (A+B), now i want save this block as a cube and use in Independently where ever i might need it and Not be dependent on Block A and B.

I want to know what is the Procedure for making Block made from Column Algorithm as Cube.

Kindly help please

Regards,

Malav 

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

in your case the easiest way would be a Dataflow, with C=a+b. Or you can save a+b as an expression.

Regards

Björn

• Hello Björn Reuber ,

I am a power User currently, and i do not see any option like Data Flow or Expression on Layout or anywhere, Could you please tell me where can i find those (Data Flow/ Expression).

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Malav Shelat,

Even as a power user, I think you'll be able to save expressions from a layout. Here is a link describing how to save an expression from a layout. Once the expression is saved, it appears as a cube in the cubes list.

Expressions 

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello Bob Gill

unfortunately it might be deactivated in Power User may be

is there any other workaround ?

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

you can only save expressions, if you are in Editing mode and you have rights to change the DB (i.e. Builder on the DB Security). DF you can find witin the procedures.

According to your current answers I would strongly advice to read our manual (help.board.com) and register for our E-Learning Plattform, cause this would help you to increase your knowledge of board

Regards

Björn

• Yes Björn Reuber, already considering that , not the e-Learning platform though, help.board.com and the Community is very helpful. Thanks again