time Procedure

Options
Fethi ZERARA
Fethi ZERARA Active Partner
May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights

Hello everyone, i'd like to know if there is a way to minimize the time of the procedure?

Thank you for you help !

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Fethi Zerara,

a little more input would be greatly appreciated ;-)

• What procedure are you talking about?
    • What does the procedure do or what is it supposed to be doing?
    • How much time does it need?
    • How much time do you think, it should need?
    • Why do you think the procedure is working slowly?

Maybe, you could attach an example--because, as always, it depends...

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Fethi ZERARA
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

Hello Helmut Heimann Employee

i'm taking annual data from a cube which contains 7 sparce demensions  to another one  which have the same structure but by mounth , so i'm dividing it by 12 , i think it should take about 10 secs but it's taking more than 2 minutes !

I have no idea why this one is working slowly!

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Fethi Zerara,

what does the log say about the dataflow mode being used? I assume the flow will be running in cell-based mode since the calculations have to be done on cell-level.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Fethi ZERARA
    Options

hi again! ,

i get procedure failed , i don't know why!! -_- 

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Fethi,

what did you do prior to executing the procedure?

Could you provide screenshots of you procedure and the definition of the dataflow as well as a screenshot of both cubes' structures--that would really help.

KR
    Helmut

• Fethi ZERARA
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi again , 

so here i'm taking the annual value of a cube and dividing it into 12 months to get an average value of month, and the procedure is taking a lot of time despite the little amount of data that i have !

here some pictures of what's happeningimageimageimage

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Fethi,

I assume, your dataflow in step 3 has block "a" as target and block "b" as source of the calculation (assumption because you didn't attach a screenshot of that). So, my first idea would be to change that sequence (i.e. b (target) = a (source) / 12).

Try that and tell me how it worked.

Another thing: you might want to have a look here Dataflow execution methods: high performance in depth  and here Best Practices for Performance Tuning on big data models to get more information on your topic.

KR
    Helmut